History of ReGenesis Health Care
The first Community Health Centers began to appear in the mid-1960s as the United States Government announced a “War on Poverty.” These initial Community Health Centers so successfully provided comprehensive, patient-focused health care services in a culturally appropriate manner, that hundreds more would open in the decades that followed.ReGenesis Health Care began serving the Upstate in 2003 by providing the same high-quality, patient-focused health care services that have become synonymous with Community Health Centers. With a focus on primary care, prevention, education, and case management, ReGenesis Health Care and ReGenesis Health Care Family Dentistry meet the needs of the community. We accept most health insurance plans including Medicare and Medicaid and for our patients without insurance, services are provided on a sliding fee scale based on the patient’s income level.
A Few Facts about ReGenesis Health Care
- One of 19 federally qualified community health centers in South Carolina and the only center of its kind in Spartanburg and Cherokee counties.
- A non-profit organization that provides comprehensive, high-quality health care in a culturally appropriate, patient centered manner.
- Provides health care to everyone according to his or her ability to pay.
- Cares for medically uninsured patients by requiring a fee based on patients’ income and family size, making primary care more affordable.
- Staff, physicians, and nurses are continually working to meet and exceed high standards of services with regards to the services they provide.